On Monday, 2K announced that Puff Daddy, the Grammy Award-winning hip hop recording artist, producer and entrepreneur, will curate the in-game soundtrack for WWE 2K17. The choice means that Sean “Diddy” Combs will help set the gaming mood for WWE 2K17 by selecting 13 songs by well-known and emerging musical artists across multiple genres.
“I am a huge WWE fan,” Combs said in a press release. “I love the intensity and the competition and I wanted fans to feel that energy in the soundtrack for WWE 2K17. While prepping for the upcoming Bad Boy 20-Year Family Reunion Tour, I’ve been thinking a lot about the past and the artists that inspired me. I mixed some of my favorites with some of the best new acts in the game today to create something really special.”
- Anderson .Paak – “Come Down”
- Andy Black – “We Don’t Have To Dance”
- Axwell Λ Ingrosso – “This Time”
- Black Sabbath – “Paranoid”
- Bring Me The Horizon – “Run”
- FIDLAR – “Drone”
- French Montana (feat. Kodak Black) – “Lockjaw”
- iSHi (feat. French Montana, Wale, & Raekwon) – “We Run”
- P. Diddy, Black Rob & Mark Curry – “Bad Boy For Life”
- Travis Barker & Yelawolf – “Out of Control”
- Twenty One Pilots – “Ride”
- Yellow Claw (feat. Lil Eddie) – “We Made It”
This announcement marks the latest collaboration between Puff Daddy and WWE. He previously rocked the WWE Universe as the headlining musical act of WrestleMania 29 and as a featured Tribute to the Troops performer. He also partnered with WWE in multiple charitable endeavors, including as a Be A Star ambassador and a Superstars for Sandy Relief event co-host.